Heating water is the second largest expense in the average home, accounting for an average of 14%- 18% of our utility bills. If you are looking to reduce that number, a tankless water heater may be the answer for you. Talk to the award-winning experts at Aurora Mechanicals, Inc. They will help you find a water heater thats right for you. We take the time to find out what will really work for you and give you plenty of time to think about your decision. We also protect you with our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
TANKLESS WATER HEATERS
How They Work
Tankless water heaters have no storage tank where the water sits until needed – the heating process starts only when you turn on the tap. Basically, the water line passes through the heat exchanger in the unit, and then sends the heated water to wherever it is needed in your home. Tankless water heaters are available in gas or electricity,powered models.
For gas,powered tankless water heaters, condensing models are extra efficient, because most of the heat in the exhaust gas is recaptured and used to help heat water. Efficiency rates on condensing water heaters range from 90% to 98%, whereas noncondensing models average around 80%.
Advantages of Tankless Water Heaters
By choosing a tankless water heater, you can enjoy these benefits:
- They have a much longer life expectancy than standard hot water tanks: 20 or more years, compared to 10 , 15 years for a tank.
- Tankless models are much more energy efficient than water tanks. Model efficiency ratings vary, but on average you can expect to save $100/year on energy. With some condensing models, savings of around $160 per year can be expected.
- They provide endless amounts of hot water , that means no more sudden, unintended cold showers!
- Because they are small boxes that mount on a wall, tankless water heaters free up a lot of space in your basement or utility area.
- Tankless water heaters are flood proof. When conventional hot water tanks fail, the result is often a spectacular flood. Almost all tankless models have emergency features to prevent similar situations.
- Tankless water heaters generally qualify for rebates to help offset the cost of installation. For very high,demand households, installing two units in parallel can ensure there’s enough hot water when everyone turns on the tap at once.
Navien tankless water heaters are famous for being some of the most energy efficient water heaters you can buy, thanks to their condensing technology that uses waste heat to pre-heat incoming water. Navien was one of the first brands to produce condensing water heaters, and they’re still one of the most reliable. The other great advantage with Naviens is that there is no need to change your existing natural gas supply pipes. They use the same 1/2? pipes your old tank uses.
Rinnai tankless water heaters are not only highly efficient, they are some of the easiest to repair in the industry. They were designed so that individual parts could be easy replaced, rather than entire systems. That means you save more money! Rinnai models are also designed to be more compact, so they can be installed even in the smallest and most awkward spaces.
Expert Advice You Can Count On
A tankless water heater is a long term investment, and may not be right for you if you are not staying in your current home. You can find out more about whether a tankless water heater or a standard hot water tank would be better for you using our guide. Want professional advice about tankless water heaters? Talk to the experts at Aurora Mechanicals, Inc.